Have you been thinking about buying replacement windows for your Long Island home, but you’ve been waiting for just the right time? If so, you should know that September is one of the most beautiful fall months, and also one of the best times of year you could choose to update your windows and patio doors. Here’s why.
Four Reasons Why September is a Great Time to Replace Your Windows on Long Island
Perfect Temperatures. Summer vacations are behind us and the Christmas season is still a few months away. While the weather is cooler now than it was a few weeks ago, it isn’t downright cold yet. September weather is usually dry, too, with only a handful of rainy days. That means the weather is cooperative and your heating and air conditioning systems won’t have to go into overdrive during the installation process to keep your indoor spaces comfy.
- No major holidays. Installing replacement windows and patio doors now – before the upcoming fall/winter holidays means you’ll have plenty of time to update your decorating schemes before family guests start arriving or your college kids come home for the end-of-semester break.
- Great Views of the Changing Seasons. The leaves will soon be changing color and the peak period for bird watching diversity in our area is from August through early October. If you’ve been longing for large picture windows, panoramic bay windows, bow windows or low-profile sliders to broaden your view, don’t put it off any longer. This could be the year you get a front row seat to watch the water fowls and gulls, Piping Plover or other various vagrants passing through on their southward journey.
- Low Interest Rates. If you’re thinking of taking out a home improvement loan to upgrade your windows, this is a good time to discuss loan options with your lender. Rates are expected to continue to slowly rise over the coming months and the last quarter of the year is a good time to review financial decisions that could affect your tax burden come April.
It’s Painless and Even Pleasurable
Our Renewal by Andersen of Long Island team works hard to make the window design process painless and pleasurable for our customers. Although we guide you through the journey, there is no high-pressure sales pitch and we leave the decisions up to you, based on your goals and expectations.
We start with a free, no-obligation in-home consultation. The reason we ask to meet with you in your home is so that we can look at your existing windows and doors. This gives us a chance to look for damage or weakness that you may have missed, but it also allows us to precisely measure your windows and determine what architectural features may influence replacement window choices and options.
During the In-Home Consultation:
- Learn About Our Windows. We’ll explain how our patented Fibrex composite frames protect the environment and provide superior benefits for homeowners that include saving you time and money on home repairs and curbing energy consumption with high-performance insulating properties and features that control heat transfer.
- Precise Measurements for a Custom Fit. We’ll measure each window unit to make sure your replacement windows are custom-built to precisely fit the existing footprint and reduce construction costs and disruption to your daily schedule.
- Glass Options to Meet Your Needs. We’ll discuss glass options to reduce your energy costs, protect your upholstery, control the amount of light that enters your home and increase privacy or security for your family.
- Color Choices and Hardware Options. We’ll show you dozens of decorative color choices, finishes and hardware options that allow you to create customized replacement windows that fit your lifestyle and your budget.
- Financial Options. We’ll help you analyze financial aspects of your replacement window project to compare price versus return on investment, financing options, tax incentives and the impact upgrading your windows has on property value.
After the home inspection and consultation, we’ll give you a written estimate with detailed information about window design choices and installation options. We only use skilled craftsmen and authorized installation experts – which is why we guarantee the installation process right along with the materials and performance of all Renewal by Andersen home improvement products.
Fall is the Perfect Time to Redesign Your Windows with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island
As you can see, this time of year offers you lots of benefits and advantages when it comes to upgrading your windows. If you’re ready to get the process started, just fill in the form on this page or give us a call at 1-877-313-9052. We’ll schedule a home inspection to get you on your way to watching the fall migration or gathering with the family in style this year when the winter holidays roll around.