Answers to Your Most Important Questions About Replacement Windows & Patio Doors From Renewal by Andersen of Long Island
Whether you’re replacing a single damaged window or you want new windows throughout your Long Island home, you’ll be happier with your choices if you thoroughly research the replacement window products on the market and the companies behind them before spending you hard-earned dollars on your decision.
Here are 9 questions – and our short answers – you should ask every window representative as you compare brands.
- Do you recommend one window style or type over another? No. There’s not one style that works for every home. It’s possible, we could recommend more than one style in one room if they meet your needs better. Before we recommend a double-hung, casement window or one of our other styles, we consider architecture details of your home and environmental surroundings. Your goals also influence our recommendations. The “best” style for your home depends on whether you want to improve air circulation, increase privacy or expand your viewing area – among other things.
- How much do Renewal by Andersen replacement windows cost? Each window is precision-built to your exact specifications. Size, frame choices, glazing options, accessories and style preferences impact the price, too. We can’t give you a price until you decide what style and decorative elements are important to you and your family. Once we know this, we’ll provide an itemized quote for your consideration after the home inspection for each window and patio door on your list.
- How long have you been in the replacement window business? For more than century, our parent company, the Andersen Corporation, has delivered superior quality, high-performance windows and doors to homeowners that are beautiful, durable, energy-efficient and low-maintenance. The Andersen Corporation first introduced Renewal by Andersen replacement windows and doors to the market in 1995.
- Can you recommend an installation contractor? As part of our commitment to exceptional customer service, and to ensure your windows and doors deliver optimal performance, we only use factory-authorized, professionally trained installation contractors to mount our replacement windows. Installation is included in the price we quote.
- What happens if something goes wrong during installation? It’s rare that something goes awry during installation, but if it does, we’ve got you covered. Our 20/2/10 warranty is one of the strongest warranty packages in the industry. We proudly back our full line of home improvement products and the installation process with a transferrable warranty that even covers future owners should you decide to sell your home down the road. Click here for a copy of our limited warranty.
- How do you calculate energy-efficiency and estimate saving benefits? We’re extremely proud of our home improvement products. Our windows have low U-factor ratings and ENERGY STAR certification, which means you can have confidence you’ll be able to better manage your energy consumption and utility spending. Calculating potential savings on utility bills and energy performance is left to non-affiliated industry experts. Any time we quote a statistic or valuation, we’ll tell you where to look for more information about what those numbers mean and which third-party agency backs up the claim. It’s important to realize that the condition of your home, the environment and how your family uses your new windows will influence how much you can save on utility bills with Renewal by Andersen replacement windows.
- How long does it take to get my new windows after the order is placed? Delivery for installation may take several weeks – usually four to eight weeks – depending on the time of year and the number of orders ahead of you at the factory. If you’re coordinating a major renovation project, tell your Renewal by Andersen of Long Island consultant about your timeline.
- Do you have any recent reviews and recommendations? Yes. We’re always happy to share reviews from past customers. Just click on the Reviews tab or Video Reviews tab above or ask your representative for more details.
- I want to know what the finished installation looks like before I invest in replacement windows and patio doors. Can I see examples of finished projects? Check Out Our Work here. Our inspiration gallery has dozens of photographic examples of past projects that showcase all our windows, including beautiful bay windows and unique specialty window designs. You can also use our online visualizer to get a better idea of what each window style will look like in your own Long Island home with decorative features like grilles and different hardware finishes.
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Has Your Replacement Window & Patio Door Answers
Do you have more questions for our professional replacement windows consultants at Renewal by Andersen of Long Island? We’re here to help. Just call us toll-free at 1-877-313-9052 or fill in the short form on this page and we’ll get right back to you.