Which Replacement Window Should You Buy if You Want to Protect the Environment & Boost Energy-Efficiency
When the time comes to upgrade your Long Island home with replacement windows, you may have lots of questions.
- How much do replacement windows cost?
- How long do windows last?
- How can I find a good contractor to install my windows?
Asking these questions at the start helps you gather the information you need to evaluate the true cost of replacement windows versus the value and return on investment you gain. One question we hear more and more from first-time Renewal by Andersen customers is:
Which replacement windows should I buy to want improve energy-efficiency AND make ensure my choice supports responsible environmental stewardship?
We understand you need honest answers to your questions. Today’s decisions have the potential to positively or negatively impact our planet (and your finances) for many years.
Environmental stewardship excellence drives the Renewal by Andersen brand. The innovative spirit that led our parent company, the Andersen Corporation, to introduce a revolutionary construction process in 1905 that included “standardized frame piece sizes” and unique packaging solutions that allowed builders to literally assemble a complete window unit on-site in as little as 10 minutes, also resulted in both Andersen and Renewal by Andersen being the first window manufactures to receive the coveted Green Seal Certification for Environmental Stewardship a century after the 10-minute window first stunned builders and homeowners.
How Renewal by Andersen Replacement Windows Support Sustainability
We take protecting the environment seriously. While Andersen Corporation wasn’t the first company in the nation to develop an environmentally friendly corporate attitude, it re-imagined and redefined the industry by introducing our patented Fibrex composite frame material and innovative energy technologies that help homeowners reduce their carbon footprint and boost energy-efficiency in their homes.
Here are a few of the ways we support sustainability and continue to shape the replacement window industry with modern solutions that enhance energy-efficiency.
- SCS (Scientific Certification Systems) certified Renewal by Andersen® windows at the highest level based on Fibrex material used for window frames and sash which contain 40% reclaimed wood fiber (by weight) from manufacturing. Fibrex not only delivers the best performance features of vinyl and wood, but will never crack, corrode, rot or develop mildew.
- Never satisfied with success, our scientists continue to explore factory-applied glass applications and window designs that add value for consumers. Today, glass options reduce noise transfer, block harmful UV rays and eliminate water spots – all in a Low-E high-performance package that is manufactured using at least 12% reclaimed glass (by weight). These features are standard on every window, whether you opt to install customized bay/bow replacement windows or something a bit more traditional, like double-hung and sliding windows.
- Energy-Star certified replacement windows reduce energy consumption at the consumer level. Studies have shown, homeowners could save up to 25% on the air conditioning bills and 10% on heating bills by installing high-performance replacement windows (depending upon the condition of your existing windows). We keep working to improve your savings potential. Our newest replacement window glass – available in all window styles – High Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ Glass with HeatLock® Technology™,reflects indoor radiant heat back into your indoor living spaces, which means you aren’t spending as much of your hard-earned money to heat room-side air.
- Perhaps our strongest commitment is to reduce landfill waste by continuously monitoring performance, durability and longevity. Working with more than 600,000 homeowners, our brand has installed more than 4 million replacement windows in the continental U.S. That experience has shown that saving a few dollars today on cheap windows often results in having to replace inferior windows that fail in less than 10 years. Every day, Renewal by Andersen replaces a relatively “young” competitor’s window because it wasn’t built to last. Our cradle-to-grave policy ensures we design, manufacture and install every window to perform for as long as you live in your home. And, we back up that promise with one of the strongest industry warranties available.
Need Replacement Windows with Superior Energy-Efficiency & Protect the Environment? Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Has the Solution
We understand you want and deserve replacement windows that do more than just look good. Cost is an important factor, but so is improving indoor air quality and reducing your ongoing heating and air conditioning costs. It’s a balancing act for many homeowners. And, about finding a contractor? We only allow Renewal by Andersen certified professionals to deliver and install your new windows. We even guarantee the installation, including all parts and labor, for a full two years because we believe the installation is critical for performance.
Need more information about which replacement windows you should buy? Just fill in the short form on this page or give us a call at 1-877-313-9052 to learn more about our full line of replacement windows and patio doors and exclusive accessories designed for the modern, environmentally conscious consumer.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!