Whether you are planning a sweeping renovation for your Long Island home, or you are thinking of replacing windows to improve indoor air quality and comfort, you may want to consider replacement window embellishments. Renewal by Andersen customers don’t always choose to install grilles with their new windows, but if you want to add some visual interest or complement other architectural features, grilles provide ample opportunities to customize the overall appearance of your windows and your home.
Grille patterns, and placement, impact the appearance and functionality of your windows. A variety of standard and custom grille patterns give you options to create the perfect look to reflect your personality and your home’s character.
Not sure which grille pattern is best for your home? Here’s some information to help you decide.
Versatility: 3 Replacement Window Grille Styles
If your home is at least 50 years old, you may have original windows constructed with small panes separated by vertical and horizontal wood strips (true divided lite windows). Modern, top-of-the-line replacement windows are built with large glass panels embellished with decorative grilles. You get the original look, without the problems associated with failing sealants that allow air and moisture to infiltrate your home as your windows age. Insulated glass improves energy-efficiency and the construction (two panes of glass separated by air or gas) lends itself to different grille placement options like the ones below.
1. Removable interior grilles. Clip-on grilles on the interior glass surface are removable for easy clean-up. Wood construction means you can choose to paint or stain the decorative features to match existing décor and update your finishes any time you want to change the color scheme or style.
3. Full-divided-light grilles. With permanently attached exterior Fibrex material grilles and either removable or permanently affixed interiors, full-divided-light grilles almost perfectly replicate the appearance of older windows built with individual panes and wood dividers.
Limitless Custom Options
Standard grille patterns like the ones below are “out-of-the-box” options that work well in most modern and traditional homes.
The Prairie Pattern, characterized by two vertical and two horizontal bars, creates a border to frame the viewing area and works well in fixed windows and replacement windows with sash that open vertically.
Creates a similar visual impression when you have sliders or a double-casement configuration that opens outward.
Used to create equal squares covering the sash. You choose how many squares you want (three rows of three, four rows of two, two rows of five, etc.). You may choose to embellish both upper and lower sash or only one, depending on your decorating vision.
This is truly a classic. With a horizontal bar running across the center of the window and two vertical bars positioned in the upper portion of the sash to create three equal sections, you’ll enjoy a clear, unobstructed view on the lower sash and visually interesting details on the upper sash.
Custom grille patterns allow you to create stunning elements to accentuate geometric window shapes and create unique curved and lattice patterns to complement a single window or the overall aesthetic of your home. If you have a special grille pattern you would like to incorporate into your window design, discuss your vision with your Renewal by Andersen of Long Island replacement window specialist.
Deciding whether to adorn your windows with intricate details or leave your windows plain to enhance the view is a personal decision. Color options, trim widths and patterned glass enable our customers to enjoy windows that look beautiful and perform perfectly in every environment.
Talk to Your Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Window Consultant About Your Options
You don’t have to compromise decorating visions to create an energy-efficient home that is comfortable for your family. We promise to always provide top-of-the-line, high performance ENERGY-STAR labeled home improvement products to help you achieve those goals. Ready to get started? Fill in the short form on this page to request a brochure or give us a call at 1-877-313-9052 to schedule a free, no-obligation home consultation today.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!