Long Island homeowners in Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk counties have many choices of replacement window frames: wood, fiberglass, aluminum, vinyl and composite. Many people still believe that wood windows are the ultimate window choice for durability and longevity, while others think vinyl is the best material. While wood frames have the longest history, and possibly the strongest “organic” appeal, and vinyl adds low maintenance features, we believe our patented Fibrex frames are the perfect candidate to combine the best of both worlds.
Fibrex: A Composite Material Designed to Last for Decades
Many homeowners are confused about what Fibrex is and don’t understand the benefits of choosing a composite frame material. Fibrex is a unique, patented construction material made by the Andersen Corporation. It is made from raw wood fibers and copolymer or epoxy resins (PVC vinyl). The final product is low-maintenance and twice as strong as vinyl.
Not only is Fibrex almost impervious to extreme temperature variations, but it comes in numerous factory finishes that closely resemble traditional wood. Fibrex frames and trim don’t have the “artificial appearance” some vinyl models have, making them an excellent choice for virtually any architectural style, and particularly traditional styles.
By combining the best characteristics of vinyl and wood, Fibrex delivers a frame that never needs maintenance to prevent or repair rot, mold, mildew or fading.
You won’t likely find another replacement window that never needs painting, comes in a generous array of color combinations and is manufactured under such strong sustainability guidelines, which provides additional benefits, including:
- Less stress on natural resources
- Reduced waste delivered to the landfill
- Lower fossil fuel consumption for transportation
Because Fibrex expands and contracts at similar rates to wood and glass components in replacement windows and patio doors, sealant failure rates are extremely low. Like all of our Renewal by Andersen home improvement products, high-quality, custom crafted Fibrex windows come with a hassle-free, transferrable warranty. You’ll probably never have to use it, but in the rare instance you do, you’re covered with just one call to a Renewal by Andersen replacement window specialist.
Fibrex fenestration products have earned the ENERGY STAR label and are among the most energy-efficient replacement products on the market today, effectively insulating against extreme heat and cold variances.
The Perfect Balance: Frame, Glazing and Installation
The National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) measures energy-efficiency and performance based on the whole window as a unit. We understand that exceptional performance requires a stable frame to protect against air and moisture infiltration and glass options designed to improve energy efficiency. Combining Fibrex frames with one of our four unique glazing options provides Long Island homeowners opportunities to take control of heating, cooling, visible light transfer and ultraviolet light levels indoors.
Choosing the best solution based on your architectural features, lot orientation and ventilation needs improves energy-efficient and the comfort in your home.
High-Performance Low-E4 Glass
- Blocks more than 80 percent of harmful UV rays – protecting artwork, carpeting, drapery and furnishings
- 45% more energy-efficient during winter months
- Up to 56% more energy-efficient during hot, humid Long Island summers
High-Performance Low-E4 SmartSun Glass
- Performs exceptionally well during winter and summer seasons
- Allows almost as much natural sunlight as clear glass solutions
- Delivers added protection against UV rays – up to 95%
High-Performance Low-E4 Sun Glass
- Keeps your home cooler by reducing solar heat gain
- Factory applied coatings reduces glare
- Makes it easier to keep your home cool during hot summer months
Helping you get the highest level of performance from your home improvement products doesn’t stop on the manufacturing floor. A superior replacement window only performs as designed when it’s installed properly. That’s why only highly-skilled, approved and trained technicians install Renewal by Andersen replacement windows and patio doors.
Designing Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Windows & Patio Doors for Your Home
Outstanding energy performance, longevity, strength, durability and exceptional beauty are just five of the myriad reasons to consider Fibrex frames and trim for your home.
If you’d like more information about unique Fibrex frames, designing replacement windows for your home or glass solutions to help you take control of your heating and cooling bills, give us a call. We’ll gladly show you ratings from independent third-party organizations that explain how overall window design impacts energy-efficiency so you can compare our products to others on the market.
Reach us toll-free at 1-877-313-9052 or take a few minutes to fill in the short form on this page for more information.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!