Sometimes the greatest help for Long Island homeowners comparing replacement window brands is honest answers to simple questions. Here are answers to 10 common questions the Renewal by Andersen of Long Island team is asked.
#1. What Are the Most Popular Replacement Window Styles?
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island’s Fibrex composite replacement windows are available in fixed and operable windows. Along with inoperable specialty shapes and traditional picture windows, Long Island homeowners choose from the following styles:
- Double hung
- Bay or bow configurations.
#2. How Do I Judge a Window’s Energy Efficiency?
Look for the Energy Star certification and the NFRC performance label to learn more about energy efficiency performance. Read this article to learn more about individual rating numbers and what they mean.
#3. What Causes Condensation on a Window?
Condensation is caused by humidity (moisture) in the air. When warm air contacts a cooler surface, moisture produces droplets of water.
#4. What Is the Lease Expensive Window Style?
Fixed windows are typically less expensive than an operable window because they have fewer parts.
#5. Are Replacement Windows Easy to Take Care Of?
High-quality replacement windows are low-maintenance and do not require special solutions or equipment to clean.
#6. What Is the Lifespan of a Replacement Window?
Top of the line replacement windows have a life expectancy of at least 20-30 years.
#7. Will Replacement Windows Prevent All Condensation?
Even well-built, high-performance replacement windows may have minor condensation when indoor relative humidity is too high. There are several steps homeowners can take to lower indoor humidity levels, including using exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchens, repairing plumbing leaks and checking dryer vents.
#8. How Do I Know If I Need Replacement Windows?
There are several signs that replacement windows may be a good investment. These clues include:
- Windows that hang or stick when you’re trying to open or close them
- Air and moisture leak around the window frame or glass
- The window rattles when the wind blows
- It is hard to keep the indoor temperature comfortable and stable
- Frames are pitted, flaking, warping or falling apart
- Heating and air conditioning bills are gradually getting higher
#9. What Is the Difference Between Off-the-Shelf Home Windows and Custom Replacement Windows?
The biggest difference between ready-made windows and custom-built replacement windows is that customized solutions allow homeowners to choose the accessories and features they prefer, rather than accepting a standard package. Custom-crafted windows are built to precisely fit the opening left when existing windows are removed, and can be installed with very little renovation. There is typically less mess and disruption to daily activities with custom replacement windows, too, since installation is easier that other options. Installation is also usually completed more quickly.
#10. Do Replacement Windows Really Pay for Themselves In a Few Years?
Energy Star certified replacement windows will reduce heating and air conditioning bills for homeowners replacing inefficient windows. Over time, the monthly savings adds up, providing a steady return on investment. Numerous studies also indicate modern, high-performance replacement windows increase a home’s resale value.
Ask Your Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Representative Any Replacement Window Question
There are no silly questions. If we didn’t answer your biggest questions in this FAQ, let us know. Send us a quick message using the form on this page, or dial 1-877-313-9052 to schedule a private, in-home consultation with your Long Island neighborhood replacement window specialist.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!