If you’re just now starting your research on replacement windows, and you are like most people on Long Island, you probably have lots of questions. We can’t answer them all here, but here are answers to three of the most common questions our Renewal by Andersen of Long Island team hears every day.
If you’re wondering how choosing the proper window style can help you create more comfortable interior spaces, here are just two examples.
#1. When is the Best Season to Install Replacement Windows?
With our signature service, you can install replacement windows on Long Island any time it is most convenient for you. After decades of installing high-efficiency replacement windows in the area, we have fine-tuned the process to where it typically only takes one or two days to complete the job. We’ve developed a comprehensive system to minimize your home’s exposure to outside temperatures and weather so we can install windows in every season and nearly any weather conditions. Late winter and early spring are great times to start a replacement windows project because the factory is not usually as busy during these months. But, seriously, winter, spring, summer or fall are all great times to update your home.
#2. How Do I Know If I Need Replacement Windows?
When you have a minor problem, like your wood window frame’s paint has started to flake, but the window unit is still structurally sound, it is often less expensive to repair rather than replace an existing window. Of course you should consider the efficiency of the window when assessing whether to repair or replace. If that wood window with the flaking paint is a single pane, non-insulated window, you might want to consider investing in an insulated window rather than spend any time fixing what will continue to cost you money in energy losses.
It is important to be realistic when assessing window damage. For example, a double-pane window with insulating gas between the panes will lose its power to control the heat and moisture transfer if you simply replace one pane of broken glass. A crack or hole allows the gas to escape and energy efficiency performance goes down significantly. You’re better off replacing the entire insulated glass panel or sash than just trying a single pane glass repair.
Replacement is normally advised when:
- The window unit glass or frame has significant damage that would allow air or moisture to flow through the window.
- All your home’s windows are outdated, single-pane windows that cannot control heat and noise transfer efficiently.
- Simple remediation steps, such as replacing operating handles, weather stripping and paint will not bring the window unit to a fully functioning, aesthetically pleasing condition.
- You notice excessive condensation, or there is evidence that moisture is damaging interior window components or your floor beneath the window.
#3. Which Replacement Window Style is Best for the Budget Conscious?
Buying cheap, poorly built windows may cost you more in the long-term. Renewal by Andersen replacement windows are built to work at peak performance for as long as you live in your home, so our customers get a higher value for the investment.
The price of each window is fairly consistent across all styles of the same size. Price variances come from the accessories you choose and optional features such as TruScene insect screens and handles and latches with exclusive finishes.
Many people may not know that it is possible to stage a home renovation where you install a few windows at a time until you have gradually replaced all existing windows and patio doors. This is a great option for people who are ready to get started, but don’t have the cash on hand to do the whole house at one time.
Get More Replacement Window Questions Answered By a Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Professional
Buying a home is often the largest single investment most people make during their lifetime. Deciding which replacement windows are best to preserve your property values shouldn’t be difficult, but you also want to have all the information you need to compare brands effectively.
If you have more questions about energy-efficiency, performance, durability or accessories, we can help. Just fill in the short form on this page or give us a call at 1-877-313-9052 to schedule a private consultation in your home today.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!