Your home is likely your largest, and probably most important, investment. Home value is so important to your financial picture when you’re a homeowner. As long as you continue to invest to protect the value of your home, you’ll likely reap the rewards when you sell.
Even if you never choose to sell your home, investing in your property can improve your quality of life now and make your day-to-day existence more enjoyable. Savvy homeowners know it’s worth it to put in time and effort into their home and reap the benefits today, and tomorrow. Below are three ways that you can boost your home’s value and enjoy your home at the same time.
#1. Improve Energy Efficiency
There are many things you can do to improve the energy efficiency around your house.
Older homes often lack proper insulation, leaving spaces more susceptible to temperature changes throughout the day. Although adding insulation to your walls can be a big project (and somewhat invasive), adding insulation to your attic is an easy project for any handyman or contractor. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, hire a professional to get this done right.
Sealing cracks and seams around your home’s exterior is a great way to improve your home’s energy efficiency. Use exterior-grade caulking, or hire a handy man or specialized contractor to do it for you.
Replace Your Windows
If your windows are old, inefficient or do not operate properly, replacing your windows can dramatically improve your home’s energy efficiency. Doing this in conjunction with improving your home’s insulation and sealing cracks yields the most benefit. To ensure maximum energy efficiency, select windows with energy efficient glazing and materials.
Renewal by Andersen manufactures award-winning, energy efficient windows, made from Low-E glazing and Fibrex material for the window frames. Windows from Renewal by Andersen of Long Island are designed to keep your home comfortable year round — cool in summer and warm in winter.
#2. Make Your Home More Attractive
There are many things you can do to make your home more attractive, which will increase your enjoyment of your home as well as improve its resale value. Improving curb appeal and staging your home’s interior makes it easier to sell (for more money), so this is an especially useful project if you’ve decided to put your house on the market.
- Work on landscaping. Landscaping is the first thing that visitors see when they pull up to your home. Now that spring is here, you can improve your home’s landscaping by planting perennial flowers, shrubs and ornamental trees. Remember that improving your landscaping can also improve the appearance of your home from the inside, since you’ll be able to see your landscaping through your windows.
- Replace major systems around your home’s exterior. New siding and window replacement can make your home look new again. As a result, these high-value home improvements have an excellent return on investment.
#3. Keep Up with Maintenance
Keeping up with maintenance is a crucial way to maintain your home’s value. Periodically inspect your home for problems (missing shingles, faded or peeling exterior paint, worn carpets, etc.), make a list of items that need to be repaired or upgraded, and then make improvements as needed. Hire a contractor, window dealer/installer or handyman, as needed. Work with a qualified, reputable professional to ensure that the work gets done properly.
Need to Replace Your Home’s Windows? Contact Renewal by Andersen
Window replacement can improve your home’s value by boosting your home’s curb appeal and energy efficiency. If your windows are decades old or just inefficient and difficult to operate, it may be time to replace. Call Renewal by Andersen of Long Island at 1-877-313-9052 or fill in the short form on this page today to make an appointment.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!