Replacement windows are a large and important investment. When considering new windows for your home, it’s important to ensure that you’re get the most value out of your purchase. Purchasing the right product and for your home and maintaining your windows can ensure and protect your investment for the long haul.
#1. Read the Window & Installation Warranty
The warranty that comes with your replacement windows should protect your investment for years to come. When you’re comparing warranties from one window company to another, consider the following:
- How long does it last? Often, the length of a window’s warranty directly corresponds to the manufacturer’s confidence in their own product. The longer the warranty, the more confident the company is that it’s product will last.
- Does it cover installation and product defects? If your window dealer and installer aren’t the same entity, you’ll have two warranties to read – and two warranties to deal with if something goes wrong. At Renewal by Andersen of Long Island, one warranty covers both possible product defects and product installation. You never have to worry about which warranty is in effect or the manufacturer blaming the installer or the installer blaming the manufacturer.
- Is it transferrable? Transferrable warranties are worth more to home buyers. If you’re selling your home sometime soon, look for a window replacement company that offers a transferrable warranty.
#2. Choose the Right Window Treatments
Make your windows look their best with the right window treatments. Bedroom window treatments may include blackout curtains, but in the living room and in other common areas of the house, sheers provide privacy while also ensuring sunlight can filter through the window and bathe your home in natural light.
#3. Keep Your Windows Clean
The true value of your new windows is measured in the amount of beautiful natural light that enters your home. To ensure that your windows will allow as much natural light into your home as possible, keep your windows clean.
Keeping your windows clean also helps ensure that they continue to operate smoothly for years. When you clean your windows, don’t just do the glass; ensure you clean any tracks to areas where the window sash move. This will remove dirt and grime that can obstruct window operation and cause premature wear on moving parts.
Wash your windows every six months, as dirt can build up on your windows over time.
Keep in mind when you install double hung windows from Renewal by Andersen of Long Island, cleaning is easy because each sash can tilt inward to be cleaned from inside the home. If you live in a house with more than one story, or if you’re serious about keeping your windows clean, consider double hung windows to meet your needs.
Get the Most Out of Your Replacement Windows by Calling Renewal by Andersen of Long Island
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island offers one of the best replacement window warranties in the business, and sells window frames made from long-lasting, durable Fibrex material and with window glass that is super energy efficient. To get Renewal by Andersen windows installed in your home, call us, toll free, to make an appointment at 1-877-313-9052 or fill out the short form on this page.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!