2022 is here! Now is the perfect time to seek new ways to make your windows stand out. By taking on projects like repainting the frames, making repairs, updating the window treatments and by replacing the windows with a new style, you can make your windows more beautiful than ever before. If you get started on these projects now, you can enjoy an all-new look in your home throughout the coming year and for years to come.
#1. Paint the Window Frames a Stand-Out Color
Often, window frames are painted white or cream. You can make your windows stand out by painting them an all-new, unexpected color. Not sure which color is best? Look around the room for an accent color that would compliment your windows well.
Don’t be afraid to get experimental – you can always repaint your windows if you decide that the color doesn’t work for you. If you’re uncertain about how you’ll like the color, try painting the frames in one room only. If you like the color, then you can paint other windows in other rooms.
One caveat: if your windows are still under warranty, ensure that painting them won’t void that warranty.
#2. Make Window Repairs as Needed
No matter what you do to make your windows beautiful, your efforts will not be as effective if your windows are in need of repairs. Get those repairs completed before you paint the frames, just in case any repairs you need to make would interfere with the finish. If your repairs are extensive, you may need to repaint the windows anyway, so it’s a good idea to do the repairs first. Besides, window repairs will likely make your windows operate better and probably more efficiently, so they can save you money and make your house more comfortable before making them beautiful.
#3. Update the Window Treatments
Window treatments are like your window’s personality or fashion dressing. Updating your window treatments makes your windows can seem like all-new home features. Want some ideas for updating your window treatments? Here are a few:
- Let in more light. Install window treatments that allow more light into your home, either because they’re made from a sheer material or because they simply cover less of your window.
- Change colors. This makes a lot of sense if you’ve recently updated the color of your window frames. Change the color of your window treatments to make them coordinate with the new paint you just applied.
- Install “smart blinds.” Smart blinds allow you to open or close your blinds with the touch of a button on your smartphone.
#4. Replace with a New Window Style
Maybe the best way to love your windows in 2022 is to replace them with an all-new style. Consider replacement window installation from Renewal by Andersen of Long Island. We can replace your double hung windows with casements, your bay windows with bow windows, and more! To learn about the possibilities, contact us to schedule your free consultation. Use the toll-free number 1-877-313-9052 or fill out the short form on this page.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!