The Renewal by Andersen of Long Island replacement window portfolio has Energy Star certified styles for every room in your home. While double-hung windows are the most popular window style for Long Island homes, there are times that a hinged window is the best option.
Renewal by Andersen offers three hinged versions worth considering before you make a final decision.
#1. Casement Replacement Windows: Perfect for Those Who Want to Maximize Air Circulation
Casement windows, hinged on the right or left side, open fully and can literally direct a gentle breeze indoors. With a multi-point locking mechanism that creates an airtight seal against the elements, this style is the most energy-efficient operable window.
#2. Awning Replacement Windows: A Wonderful Solution for People with Windows Up High or Down Low
Typically installed high on the wall, or as an accent window for large picture windows, awning windows have atop-hinge design. The windows open outward, forming a mini-umbrella that directs water away from the home. This design allows people to open the window to enjoy the sound and smell of a gentle rain, without any mess or potential damage to furnishings and flooring.
Just be careful of exterior traffic patterns when deciding on awning window placement. You don’t want to install outward opening windows like awnings or casements near a patio or sidewalk where there is potential for people to accidentally walk into the open window.
#3. Hopper Replacement Windows: Perfect Where Open Windows Might Interfere with Outdoor Walkways
Like awning replacement windows,hoppers are often seen installed high on the wall, in garages, basements and hallways. This style pulls in from a bottom hinge. Hoppers are especiallyappealing for areas where an outward opening window would create a walking hazard.
It’s important to consider indoor traffic patterns too. For example, someone who was distracted (think, looking down at their phone) while walking by an open hopper window in the hall might run into the panel if windows are installed a few feet above the floor instead of near the ceiling.
Customizing Hinged Replacement Windows
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island’s full line of accessories makes it easy to customize your replacement windows to suit your home and your style. Adding grilles, high-performance insect screens,and carefully selected hardware allow you to create functional and beautiful windows that reflect your home’s character and personality.
You can personalize your home windows with:
- Grilles: Choose standard grille patterns or non-traditional layouts to complement your overall aesthetic. You also have three distinct grille style options, so you can copy an original home window design or use removable, paintable wood grilles that provide more flexibility updating interior décor.
- Glass: Our portfolio includes several low-E glass solutions which allow you to maximize energy efficiency in every room. You can also choose patterned glass to enhance privacy or add an artistic element in bathrooms, foyers and places where you want natural light, but would prefer passersby cannot see inside your home.
- Colors: With more than two dozen factory-applied color combinations, there is something for everyone. Plus, interior wood components mean you can match or contrast existing interior decorating schemes with paint or stain.
- Insect screens: Every operable window comes with a standard insect screen that does a good job keeping insects outside. People who love natural cooling during moderate weather often choose TruScene insect screens with ultra-fine mesh that helps block pollen, dust, airborne particles and nasty no-see-ums that thrive in our Long Island climate.
Learn More About Renewal by Andersen Hinged Replacement Windows Today
Still have questions about Renewalby Andersen of Long Island hinged replacement windows? Get answers by filling in the short form on this page or calling 1-877-313-9052.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement WindowsClick Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!