Converting the screened porch of your Long Island home into a four-season sunroom with replacement windows isn’t as difficult as you might think. If you’ve ever wished that your porch could keep out the harsh winter winds, spring rains and dust and debris that invariably find their way in to your porch, there’s good news. You can! With modern Renewal by Andersen replacement windows and patio door solutions, you can go from a summertime only porch to a year-round spot for relaxing and entertaining no matter what Mother Nature sends our way.
Porch Conversions with Replacement Windows
Think about how the conversion will make your home more comfortable and functional with these five questions.
- Do you want to keep the airy feel of your new room during moderate Long Island weather, but be able to control the indoor temperature during the coldest and hottest months of the year?
- Want a place to watch your garden burst forth in bloom, without dealing with pollen and other airborne particles invading your indoor spaces? TruScene insect screens for all operable windows helps you block irritating gnats, mosquitoes and other flying insects, and drastically reduces dust, dirt and pollen transfer.
- What about the appearance of your home from the street? Are you looking to dramatically transform your curb appeal, or maintain the overall aesthetic? A beautiful bow window configuration is a great option if you want to transform a small porch into a glass reading or breakfast nook.
- Will you modify the existing HVAC systems – add additional ducts and registers – or rely on solar heat gain during the winter and operable windows during the summer to manage indoor temperature? Wise glass choices can help you capture solar heat gain benefits, reduce glare and even reduce the strain on your HVAC system. Ask your replacement window representative which Energy Star certified glass is the best option for your new addition.
- Does your conversion plan include updating with a modern patio door? There is really no reason to keep the wood/screen door when you can upgrade with a sleek, contemporary sliding patio door or a stunning French-style hinged door that adds a touch of elegance and charm.
Flexibility to Design the Perfect Sun Room for Your Long Island Home
Considering the above questions may have helped you identify some benefits you had not previously thought about. You may want to convert your screen porch into a blended space that seamlessly connects your outdoor and indoor living areas. With energy-efficient, custom-crafted replacement window solutions you have the freedom to create a sun room that perfectly matches your vision.
Converting a Screen Porch Into a Four-Season Sun Room is Easy with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island
Our replacement window specialists are experts at helping Long Island homeowners create more comfortable spaces. Of course, the existing structure has to be able to support the windows and meet local building codes. The first step to converting an enclosure from a seasonal room into a space you can use throughout the year is scheduling a free, in-home consultation to discuss your vision.
Fall in love with your porch again. We invite you to fill in the short form on this page or call 1-877-313-9052 to learn more about our custom-crafted replacement window solutions that make your conversion hassle free and are guaranteed to look and perform beautifully for as long as you live in your home.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!