There are hundreds of window companies in the United States. If you’ve done even minimal research comparing replacement windows for your Long Island home, you have most likely come across some pretty bold statements. There are some outrageous claims out there, including those who claim their products will “pay for themselves in the first year.” To be fair, if you’re planning to put your home on the market, upgrading the curb appeal and installing energy efficient windows throughout your home will significantly impact the resale value, especially if your current windows are aging, poorly performing single pane configurations. In this case, it’s possible so you might recoup your money right away, but unless your current windows are unusually bad, it will probably take you more than a year to recoup your total financial investment. Of course, you’ll likely feel the difference in your comfort level right away.
However, top of the line custom-built replacement products are designed to do more than lower utility bills and reduce your carbon footprint. Choosing a company that respects your intelligence enough to give you sound information to help you make wise investment decisions is important.
3 Reasons to Research Your Replacement Window Company
Here are a three reasons you should research the brand behind the product before you finalize your home improvement plans.
1. Anyone can claim anything. Independent organizations like the National Fenestration Ratings Council and Energy.gov research window performance and are quick to point out how improper installation can negatively impact your home’s energy efficiency, noise transfer, wind resistance and moisture control. Companies like Renewal by Andersen, who have spent years building a strong reputation in the community, provide trained installation technicians to ensure their products perform as designed.
2. Warranties Vary. Most window manufacturers and distributors offer some type of warranty, but not all coverage is equal. A reputable, well-established company has confidence in the products they manufacture and sell, and they aren’t afraid to back up their confidence with a warranty package that protects homeowners’ investments. While most cover manufacturing defects, Renewal by Andersen of Long Island goes further. We provide two full years of protection for issues related to installation – from the same company that sold you your windows — that’s almost double what some local installers offer. And, we’ve been around for more than a century, so you know we’ll be around if you ever need to make a claim. Can you say the same for a local window installer with no connection to the manufacturer.
3. Corporate Strength Corporate responsibility goes beyond marketing an exceptional product line designed for today’s economic landscape and consumer expectations. A company that is committed to protecting the environment, investing in research to develop innovative solutions that improve performance and longevity and helping customers make their home more comfortable is a company concerned about today and the future.
Tips for Researching and Comparing Replacement Window Brands on Long Island
It’s never been easier to compare brands and home improvement products than it is today. The Internet gives you access to a plethora of online tools and resources. We suggest you:
- Poll your online social connections, asking for recommendations from friends and colleagues who have experience with replacement window companies on Long Island and the surrounding area.
- Read company reviews for our company and others you are considering. Check out company websites and reviews on Yelp.com, FourSquare or Google Business.
Extra Tip: It’s good to read through a dozen or so recent reviews to get a realistic idea of performance. Notice whether company representatives respond to poor reviews. Communication can often lead to positive resolutions, and a company concerned about customer confidence will try to remediate problems rather than chalk it up to sour grapes or buyers’ remorse.
Making a Decision on Your Long Island Replacement Windows
An experienced company, a reputable brand, provides honest answers to your questions. Experience has taught us that consumers who have enough information to make sound financial and design decisions are happier with the end results. Our main objective is to inform and educate our friends and neighbors and strive to meet their needs. Naturally, we hope you choose to allow us to help you upgrade your home.
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island: The Brand Behind the Windows
We’re proud of our long history of providing home improvement solutions to people in Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn and Queens. Our parent company has been developing and manufacturing home windows and doors for more than a century. Andersen Windows is committed to investing time, money and resources to give Long Island homeowners access to high-performance solutions that improve energy efficiency and interior comfort, without extensive maintenance and upkeep requirements.
The company you choose to build and install your replacement windows and patio doors matters. Thoroughly research products and brands before you make a decision. We invite you to call a window consultant today to discuss our home improve product line. Simply fill in the short form on this page or call 877-313-9052 to schedule a no-obligation home inspection.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!