It’s just as important to choose the right window installer for your window replacement project as it is to choose the right windows. Poor installation can ruin the efficiency and durability of your new windows, as well as damage your home so it’s important you get this right the first time.
If you’ve never been through the window replacement process before, read on for tips to help you navigate the process. One thing to keep in mind: if you’re working with a window dealer that doesn’t provide installation, you’ll have to go through the selection process twice: once when finding a window dealer, and once to finding a reputable window installer familiar with the windows you choose.
When you work with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island, window installation is included in the cost of the purchase. Once you’ve selected Renewal by Andersen windows for your home, you won’t have to worry about finding an installer to get the work done. This also means your warranty will cover the windows and installation, which can save you a headache if anything were to ever go wrong with your new windows.
How to Vet Replacement Window Installers
It’s important to vet replacement window installers before hiring them. Asking them the questions can help you decide which installer is best for you. Some useful questions include:
- Have you ever installed this brand and style replacement window?
- Can I have at least three references from recent customers?
- How long have you been in business?
- When can you fit me into your schedule?
- How long will you take to install windows in my home?
- Are there any hidden fees or charges that aren’t mentioned in the contract?
Read the Replacement Window Contract
No window installer should do the work without providing you with a contract. Read the contract thoroughly, and get answers to any questions you might havw. Never sign a contract that you don’t fully understand and agree with, and don’t leave questions about the contract unanswered before signing.
If you’re getting multiple bids compare each contract. Comparing contracts is a good way to decide which window installers are doing their homework, protecting their clients, and being upfront about the window installation process.
Know the Red Flags During Window Installer Interview
Never hire an installer that makes you feel pressured to purchase windows from them. Window installation is an important service that needs to be done right. If you’re feeling pressured to make a decision, then that installer may not have your best interests in mind.
At the same time, consider customer service when hiring an installer. Do they respond to your questions quickly? Do they provide accurate answers? Are they polite? If they don’t provide good customer service, this is a red flag. Their customer service is unlikely to get better once you sign the contract.
Check Window Installer References
Before hiring anyone to install windows in your home, check references. Ask references questions such as:
- When did they do the work for you?
- Did the installer follow through on what they said they would do?
- Was your overall experience a positive one?
- Would you hire this window installer again or refer them to someone else?
- Did the window installer experience any challenges during the installation – and if so, how did they handle it?
Checking references will help you determine whether other homeowners in your area have had a good experience with the installer you’d like to hire. Don’t hire anyone who can’t provide good references.
Contact Renewal by Andersen of Long Island When You’re Ready to Discuss Window Installation
If you’re ready to install new windows in your home, contact Renewal by Andersen of Long Island. Use the toll-free number 1-877-313-9052 or fill out the short form on this page to get started today.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!