If you found your way to our Renewal by Andersen of Long Island replacement window website, you are probably considering installing new home windows, or you’re wondering if the cost of an upgrade will generate a healthy return on investment. You aren’t on this journey alone.
In April, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) released information about what home buyers are looking for this year. Following the trends for the past several years, studies show homeowners want ways to reduce their energy consumption and all the modern convenience features that make a home more comfortable and functional.
NAHB chairman Ed Brady, says builders’ experiences confirm “energy efficiency continues to be a top demand from consumers.” In fact, low-E windows were among the top four demands from home buyers, along with programmable thermostats and both Energy Star-certified appliances and windows. One interesting fact we discovered is that home buyers say they would pay up to $10,732 initially if they could save $1,000 a year on utility bills overall. This leads us to the questions: What is most important for our Renewal by Andersen replacement window customers, cost or value?
Windows Cost vs Value: Initial Investment & Long Term Benefits
There’s a reason that Energy-Star labeled appliances and windows ranked high on the “must have” list for potential home buyers. The label signifies the products are proven to reduce energy consumption. Qualifying for the certification means the window (or appliance) can save consumers money on their utility bills. Visit the Energy-Star website to learn more about the labels, the standards and how much you can expect to save when you upgrade your home with modern replacement windows and patio doors.
You may invest $10,000 or more on a total home window upgrade, so we understand you probably want an unbiased opinion about what makes one replacement window better than others. Check out the National Fenestration Ratings Council (NFRC) website for information about how window glass and framing material impact energy-efficiency performance and help deciphering ratings on those window labels.
It is easy to concentrate on how much something costs, and forget that value is about more than just the numbers on the check you write when you invest in improving your home and reducing the heating and cooling costs for your Long Island home. Value is about improving comfort, creating beautiful, functional spaces for your family and enhancing privacy and security in your home. Considering cost and value are very important if you want to be totally satisfied with your buying decisions.
Value-Based Replacement Window Considerations
Naturally, you should consider price when investing in home improvements. According to surveys, depending upon the condition of your existing windows, homeowners can expect to recover more than half of their initial investment in increased resale value and savings on heating and cooling bills when they install modern, Energy-Star certified replacement windows and patio doors. Return on investment depends on many things including the overall condition of your home, your lifestyle, the neighborhood where you live and even the national economy. The following list contains some value-based considerations.
- Homeowners who live in covenanted communities must comply with association by-laws and restrictions. You may have to choose certain colors or external features, but that doesn’t mean you can’t customize your home with styles that meet your ventilation and lighting needs. You can choose Fibrex frames that offer virtually maintenance-free beauty and performance in a full range of colors to complement your overall home aesthetic and satisfy the homeowners’ board.
- High-quality replacement windows are built to perform perfectly for as long as you live in your home. We’re talking decades, not a few years. What is it worth to you not to have to worry about repair or upgrade your home windows again for as long as you live in your home?
- Double-pane window styles reduce noise transfer so you can enjoy your favorite music with the volume cranked up without worrying you’ll bother your neighbors. And, you’ll enjoy a quieter environment for sleeping if your neighbors decide to do the same thing.
- Crystal clear glass allows you to flood your home with natural light and get a better view of the world outside your four walls.
- Patterned, or obscured glass, prevents people outside your home from seeing inside, without blocking natural light flow.
- Recessed locks and multi-point latching systems make it harder for would-be intruders to gain entry into your home, giving you peace of mind that your family is protected from uninvited guests.
- Accessories, like left- and right-hand operational handles, insect screens that prevent even the tiniest insect from penetrating the mesh and specialty hardware options allow homeowners to design windows that look beautiful and reflect your style and personality.
You Don’t Have to Sacrifice Value with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Windows
High-quality replacement windows and patio doors add value to your life for as long as you live in your home. Ready to get started designing the new windows for your Long Island home. Take a minute to fill in the short form on this page or give us a call at 1-877-313-9052 to schedule a private, home consultation today.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!