Learn More About Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Window & Patio Door Safety Features
In this final installment of our 12-week series on Renewal by Andersen of Long Island replacement window and patio door elements we discuss something on every homeowner’s mind – the safety and security of your family. We’ve covered style differences, accessories and easy-care features that make life more comfortable and enjoyable for homeowners who choose to upgrade with modern, energy-efficient replacement windows and patio doors. Now let’s talk about safety and security.
The Role Replacement Windows & Patio Doors Play in Enhancing Your Security & Safety
Protecting your family is important to you, and your windows’ and doors’ stability and strength are the first defense against people who want to gain access to your home without your permission. Renewal by Andersen custom-crafted replacement windows come with many built-in security features you may not know about, and there are optional upgrades for those who have special circumstances or who want to improve their existing security systems.
Here are a few ways that installing thoughtfully designed replacement windows & patio doors enhance the security and safety in your home.
Long Island Patio Door Features
Precision-built replacement patio doors offer superior protection against leaks and drafts while increasing the safety and security of your Long Island home. Each style has its own built-in advantages.
- Hinged patio doors secure your entry points and improve energy-efficiency with a 5-point locking system that creates a tight seal against the elements and would-be intruders.
- Sliding patio doors feature a unique locking system that literally pulls the door panel into the jamb for a superior fit, resulting in an enhanced weathertight seal and heightened security. Optional auxiliary foot locks boost security when the door is locked and allow you to leave the door partially opened for ventilation.
- Optional exterior keyed locks on both hinged and gliding patio doors provide secure but easy access from outside.
Boosting Security & Safety with Long Island Replacement Windows
Consider the following ways that Renewal by Andersen replacement windows enhance your safety and security.
- Adding child guards to any window will prevent the window from opening more than four inches. This not only keeps uninvited guests out, it keeps young children from falling through an open window.
- Double-hung windows have a movable upper sash. This means you can drop the upper sash for air circulation without worrying your toddler will crawl through the opening.
- Choosing stronger glass protects your assets and your family members. Heat-tempered glass, which is up to four times stronger than standard window glass, resists impact from flying debris and is harder to break for unauthorized entry.
- Another safety feature many homeowners appreciate is a recessed lock, which is nearly impossible to pry open from the outside of your home.
- Selecting one of the beautiful patterned glass options that obscure an intruder’s view increases privacy in bathrooms and changing areas without blocking all natural light.
These are only a few of the many benefits that Renewal by Andersen of Long Island replacement windows and patio doors offer homeowners concerned about safety and security in their homes. If you have a specific concern, talk to one of our replacement window specialist about solutions.
Learn More about Energy-Efficient Replacement Windows & Patio Doors to Enhance Safety & Security in Long Island Homes
Next week, the Renewal by Andersen of Long Island blog will feature a summary with links to help you find more information about each component and accessory we highlighted in our series. We hope you’ll find these resources beneficial. If you’re ready to upgrade now, or need additional information immediately, simply fill in the short form on this page or call 1-877-313-9052 to speak to a courteous, knowledgeable Renewal by Andersen representative.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!