Spring is officially here and all of us at Renewal by Andersen of Long Island are looking forward to warmer weather and getting through the April showers that will bring May flowers soon. Like all four seasons in our area, spring has its own unique appeal to us on the Island and one of those is opening the windows wide to let the fresh spring scents into our homes. If you have a hard time opening your windows and have been putting off replacing them, now is the time to get serious before summer get here with all its heat and humidity.
March and April are excellent times to order your replacement windows. Keep in mind that it could take several weeks for your home improvement upgrades to arrive, depending on how many replacement window and patio door orders are already in progress when you place your order, so the sooner you order, the better for you. A Renewal by Andersen window specialist will give you an exact arrival date and schedule your installation, once we receive notice your windows have shipped.
So, why is March a great time to order your replacement windows and patio doors? Upgrading now means you will be able to enjoy your outdoor spaces more this year as winter fades to spring and finally to summer.
Invite Nature Inside with Replacement Windows & Patio Doors
Whether you want to make sure you have a perfect view of the birds and squirrels flitting from the feeder to nearby trees or to be sure you can hear the Jays scolding the squirrels and other birds in your yard, you’ll want high-performance windows that make it easy to bring the sights and sounds of nature indoors.
We haven’t had a “horrible” winter this year, so you should be seeing early signs of perennials peeking through the mulch in your landscaping. Crocus, Hyacinth and Daffodils may already be pushing up, so right now, take an afternoon to trim your Butterfly Bushes back to about 12 inches and cut your other perennials to encourage a healthy start to the flowering season.
If we have another unusually warm April, like last year, the Hydrangea and roses may be early-bloomers again. The June awakening will be spectacular even if some of the perennials wait until “normal” blooming times. Installing side-hinged casement windows that open fully, will literally capture the breeze, bringing the pleasant fragrances indoors every time you open your windows as spring gives way to summer. And, when you choose Energy-Star labeled glass options that help you manage your indoor comfort, you will have a crystal clear view of the ever-changing landscape throughout the flowering seasons on the Island.
Design Your Windows for All-Season Performance
Your window style choices matter. For example, awning replacement windows that have a “built-in umbrella” to prevent rain from dripping inside allow you to refresh your interior rooms even during a gentle rain without wind. Here are some other ways that window style can help you bring nature indoors.
- Fixed windows with expanded viewing areas are perfect for watching the local wildlife and migratory birds, but don’t allow ventilation.
- Slightly raising your double-hung and single-hung windows to allow you to hear the birds chirping and twittering in the shrubs and trees is another way to bring nature indoors.
- Everything looks better under natural light. Replacing scratched, chipped and otherwise damaged windows will naturally allow more light to come in. You can control the amount of sunlight that comes inside with Low-E glazing options designed to reduce glare without compromising your view.
- When you carefully consider how many hours of direct sunshine hit your replacement windows, you have opportunities to capture the benefit of solar heat gain during colder weather and reduce heat transfer during hot, muggy summer months.
- Don’t forget about insect screens. Standard screens are free with every Renewal by Andersen replacement window, but if you like to open your windows in the evening to enjoy a cool breeze during the summer, you may want to upgrade to TruScene screens that prevent those biting no-see-ums from sneaking inside.
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Windows & Patio Doors are Perfect for Every Season
March and April are the perfect time to design your new replacement windows. Nature is already showing early signs of warmer weather. It’s time to clear away the loose branches that fell this winter and trim back the perennials. Maybe you have been thinking about adding a few annuals to your landscaping to bring texture and dimension to your outdoor spaces this year. Check the seed and plant catalogues for plants that thrive in our humid climate and then call us at 1-877-313-9052 to schedule a free in-home consultation to discuss window and patio door options that will ensure you can enjoy the seasonal sights and sounds beyond the glass. If you prefer, you can fill in the short form on this page to request a call back at a convenient time for you.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!