This fifth and final installment of the Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Window Buying Journey series covers things you should do the week before your replacement window installation day.
Several weeks ago, you designed and ordered your new windows. By now, you should have a good idea about the landscaping and window dressing updates that will make your property more attractive and functional. As the big day approaches, there are just a few more details to work out before the crew arrives.
3 Things to Finalize Before the Replacement Window Crew Arrives
On installation day, the crew supervisor will give you time to ask any questions you have before they begin work, and will keep you in the loop throughout the day as the project progresses. Here are some things you can do to help make sure the day is stress-free for you and your family.
#1. If you have pets, especially pets that are nervous around strangers, consider how you will keep them safe and secure while the crew works from room to room. A family or friend’s house they know is probably the best option. Some four-legged family members are accustomed to spending time in a kennel, so that is another option. Others may be more relaxed spending the day at your neighborhood boarder or vet’s office. You know your pet better than anyone, so your decision is probably best, but keep in mind that reducing the stress on your pet is best for them and the efficient installation of your new windows.
#2. Confirm your availability. It isn’t necessary for a homeowner to be at home during the entire job, although some people prefer to be on-property. Let your replacement window specialist know if you plan to be out of town, or away from the property, before the big day arrives. And, please provide a good contact number just in case an emergency comes up, and we need to reschedule the installation day. If work or other obligations come up unexpectedly, and you need to reschedule, just call us as soon as possible to arrange an alternative date.
#3. Our experienced technicians are experts and work diligently to keep construction noise and debris at a minimum. Over the years, we’ve fine-tuned the processes to be almost effortless for our customers. However, here are a couple things some people may not think about without a gentle reminder.
- Store irreplaceable artwork and expensive decorative items out of the way so there is no possibility they could be damaged by airborne debris and dust while the existing windows are removed.
- Think about how the installation process will impact young children, the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Will noise disrupt daytime sleep or rest patterns?
- Do you have a plan to prevent toddlers from entering work areas?
These tips may bring other special circumstances to mind, and we want to help you prepare. You know what they say, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Usually these potential problems have very simple solutions. For example, the trick for keeping nap-time on schedule could mean working in the nursery first (or last) to accommodate normal patterns. Your pets and your precious items may find a safe, temporary spot in the first room completed with a door we can securely close.
Ask Your Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Window Specialist Any Question
The key to a stress-free window installation day is open communication with your replacement window installation crew. Have more questions? Just fill in the short form on this page or call 1-877-313-9052.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home! [/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]