Replacing the windows in your investment property can be quite a project. Before you get started, it’s important to know what to expect. Coordinating with tenants can make the process smoother and simpler, while working with a reputable window dealer and installer is the key to ensuring that your window replacement will be a success. Below are the steps you can take to ensure that your window replacement will be a positive upgrade for everyone involved.
#1. Know What to Expect During New Window Process
Before you get started with a full window replacement, know what to expect from the process. When you work with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island for your window replacement, for example, you’ll start by getting a free consultation with one of the installation experts. You’ll describe what your window needs are, talk about the window styles available, and soon you’ll get a quote for your custom window project that includes all the issues discussed with your window consultant.
Because your windows will be custom made, your design consultant will only be able to give you an approximate time frame for when your windows should be ready for installation. Once your windows have been manufactured, a project manager will contact you to let you know when your custom windows are expected to arrive from the factory and schedule a time convenient for you for your replacement window installation to take place.
Knowing the date of the installation will help you coordinate with your tenants. Your installer will tell you about any preparations that need to take place in order before your windows can be installed. This may include trimming shrubs that need to be cut away from the windows, or moving objects that are blocking windows.
#2. Coordinate Window Installation with Tenants
Once you have a date for your replacement window installation, it’s time to coordinate with your tenants. More than likely, your tenants will be excited to get new windows in their home. However, they should be aware of the details of the project, so they can be ready for the installation to occur.
- Dates. Tell your tenants the potential date and time when the installation will take place. Large or complex window installations can sometimes take more than one day. If the installer estimates that your window installation will take place over multiple days, make sure your tenants are aware of this.
- Noise. Window installation is not quiet. Let your tenants know, so they can be prepared for the noise levels, and if need be, they can leave the premises. Remember, they don’t have to be there for the installation.
- Preparations. If your window installer requires your tenants to make any preparations in order for the installation to take place (like removing window treatments), give this information to your tenants well in advance. You may consider making these requests in writing to ensure everyone is on the same page.
#3. Work With a Reputable Window Installer
One of the ways that you can ensure that your window installation will be a success is to work with a reputable, skilled experienced window dealer that sells quality products. Renewal by Andersen of Long Island window frames are made from durable, low maintenance Fibrex material, and highly energy efficient glass that carries an industry leading transferable warranty. This nationally recognized brand is trusted by homeowners around the country. To find out more about working with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island, call the toll-free number 1-877-313-9052 or fill out the short form on this page.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!