Replacement window grilles are one of the most popular, and versatile, Renewal by Andersen of Long Island accessories. Modern window grilles are a decorative element on windows and door glass panels that mimic the original mullions or sashing strips commonly used to join smaller glass panes before we had the necessary knowledge and technology to produce larger, lighter sheets of glass. These are now known as true divided lite windows. Many Long Island homeowners may not know about the different pattern and placement options available today.
Different Replacement Window Grille Types
Window grille construction creates a decorative pattern with horizontal bars, vertical bars or a combination of both. When we mention type we are talking about the position in (or on) the window unit. Here are three examples.
1) Interior Grilles: Removable hardwood, interior grilles snap into clips on the sash interior. Available in two profile widths – ¾ inch and 1 1/8 inch, removable grilles are a snap to remove and replace, making cleaning chores easier.
Available in many colors baked on at the factory, and unfinished to allow personalization, interior grilles add beauty to your home.
2) Aluminum, Between-the-Glass Grilles: Between-the-glass grilles are permanently installed, providing an even quicker cleaning option for homeowners. Some replacement window dealers call this style “grilles in the airspace” because they are factory-mounted between the exterior and interior glass panel in double-pane windows.
Between-the-glass grilles are available in two widths – ¾ inch and 1 inch.
3) Full Divided Lite Grilles – sometimes referred to as “simulated divided lites” have three main components:
- An aluminum spacer between the glass panels
- An interior grille section, removable or permanently affixed
- A permanently affixed exterior Fibrex grille section
This style provides an almost perfect visual replication of true divided lite glass seen in historic and older homes furnished with original wood windows. Full divided light grilles come in either ¾ inch or 1 1/8 inch widths.
Each style offers an easy-care, low-maintenance accessory to add visual texture or complement your home’s architecture and overall aesthetic.
Replacement Window Grille Patterns
Grille patterns may be as simple as an outline around the sash, or as intricate as a sunburst, Gothic cathedral or spider design. Homeowners may choose to add grilles to only the upper or lower sash, extend the design across the whole window unit, or add a different pattern to each sash. With so many choices, we’re confident that you can find the perfect solution for every window in your home.
We offer four standard grille patterns, plus a wide array of rectangular, square and custom shape patterns suitable for our full line of replacement window styles.
- Modified Prairie
Download our eBook to learn more about replacement window grille options to beautiful your Long Island home.
Add Visual Texture with Renewal by Andersen of Long Island Replacement Window Grilles
Renewal by Andersen of Long Island offers an array of beautiful standard and custom window grille patterns designed to be long-lasting and beautiful. With three distinct types and almost limitless pattern options, you can give your home a fresh, new look, or visually replicate the original windows in a historic home. Learn more about window grilles and accessories by talking with a replacement window specialist. Simply fill in the short form on this page or dial 1-877-313-9052.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!