While Renewal by Andersen of Long Island is proud of our full portfolio of home improvement products, we understand our customers want (and deserve) the peace of mind that comes with knowing we back our replacement windows and patio doors with an exceptional product warranty. We hope you’ll never have to make a claim, but if you do, we want the process to be smooth and effortless.
What You Need to Know About Our 20/2/10 Warranty Package
Your Renewal by Andersen of Long Island purchase is warranted under a fully transferable policy that covers parts, labor and the original installation. A transferable warranty means if you sell your home, the warranty transfers to the new owner. The warranty does not follow the window or patio door, meaning windows removed and installed in another home are no longer covered.
20-year Coverage on Glass & Fibrex Window Frames
Glass: Glazing is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects, including materials and workmanship, for 20 years from the original installation date. The warranty covers factory glazed windows, including all Low-e4 high-performance, patterned glass, tempered versions and divided light grilles. The warranty does not apply to impact-resistant glass, art glass and special order glass. Renewal by Andersen will repair or replace glass when changes in appearance develop due to premature failure of glass or original seals.
Fibrex Window Frames: All components constructed with our patented Fibrex Material – including exterior grilles, sash, window sill and frame – are warranted under normal use not to:
10-year Coverage on Fibrex Window Frame Finish
The color finish on Fibrex components is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects that may lead to premature fading for a period of 10 years from the original installation date. The following components are not covered under the exterior color finish warranty:
- Insect screen frames
- Trim sets
- Locks components
- Exterior trim profiles
- Exterior aluminum coil stock
2-Year Coverage on Window & Patio Door Installation
All replacement windows and patio doors are warranted against manufacturing defects and any failure directly related to installation for a period of two years from the original installation date, when installed by approved Renewal by Andersen technicians and unmodified.
Proper Care & Maintenance of Windows & Patio Doors
Our strong warranty package provides protection for Long Island homeowners against manufacturing defects and premature failure under normal use. Proper care and maintenance will ensure you don’t unintentionally void all or part of your warranty. The 20/2/10 package does not include damage caused by:
- Modifications such as improper painting, drilling or nailing into glass or frame, installing glass tinting, etc.
- Failures caused by attaching non Renewal by Andersen locks, hinges, sash stops and other hardware
- Harsh chemicals and abrasives
- Scratches to glass or frame caused by improper cleaning, such as using razor blades to scrape debris
- Natural or man-made airborne pollutants
Making a Warranty Claim
You can make a claim online at renewalbyandersen.com, by dialing our dedicated Warranty Service Department at 1-800-441-1109 or visiting our showroom. You can expedite the claim by providing as much information as possible, including:
- Name, address and contact numbers
- A detailed description of the concern
- The serial number of your window unit – there is a label at he top or side of every replacement window frame with this information
- Proof of purchase date – a receipt or delivery ticket is preferred
Learn More About the Renewal by Andersen 20/2/10 Window & Patio Door Warranty
This recap is does not list all coverage guidelines. For more information about what is and is not covered, fill in the short form on this page or call 1-877-313-9052 and speak to a replacement window specialist.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!