What features do you find most attractive in new windows? Their looks? Energy efficiency? The manufacturer’s reputation? What about the warranty?
If the warranty for your new windows is of little interest to you now, you’re not alone. Many homeowners overlook the warranty when they’re shopping for replacement windows, assuming all windows are built to last. However, the warranty is as important as any other feature, and should be given consideration during the window-buying process. If you’re shopping for new windows, here’s what you should be looking for in a warranty.
Easy Replacement Window Claim Process
If something goes wrong after your windows are installed, you may have to make a claim against the warranty. Having an easy claim process is important. The easier the claim procedure, the faster you can expect the repairs to be made.
Renewal by Andersen’s warranty is designed to be simple and fast. We don’t ask our customers to certify that the windows were properly installed. All of our products are installed by our own professional installers, so we’re confident that they were installed correctly. To make a claim:
- Call our service line at 800-441-1109
- Provide your name, purchase date, address, your product concerns, location where the product is installed and telephone numbers. That’s it. If you saved the label affixed to the top or side of the window frame when they were installed, you’ll have the serial numbers, which will speed up your claim processing
Transferable Replacement Window Warranty
If you were to put your house on the market, new windows can increase the house’s resale value with your potential buyers. The value increases even more if the windows’ warranty can be transferred to the new owners, giving them the confidence that they are protected from potential defects and product problems in the future.
New windows have an average Return on Investment (ROI) of 70 percent, because they’re attractive, they improve your home’s energy efficiency and they get a big expense out of the way. If you’re looking for a way to potentially increase your home’s ROI, look for products that appeal to home buyers. Renewal by Andersen’s warranties are fully transferrable, so anyone who buys your house while the house is still protected under warranty will be able to take advantage of the warranty, just like you. That’s value.
Long-Lasting Replacement Window Warranty
Window manufacturers tend to write warranties that last as long as they expect the product to last. The longer the warranty, the better the product likely is. Renewal by Andersen’s warranties last a full 20 years. What do you suppose that says about our windows?
Warranty on Replacement Window Installation
Some homeowners purchase their windows from a dealer and then hire a separate professional to install the windows. In situations like this, the window installation is not covered by the window purchase warranty. The installer’s warranty is a separate guarantee and a separate hoop to jump through if something goes wrong with your windows down the road. A warranty that covers installation and product defects (like Renewal by Andersen of Long Island’s warranty) is best because it’s comprehensive.
Want Windows With the Best Warranty? Contact Renewal by Andersen of Long Island
Before you buy replacement windows to install in your home, read the warranty. Contact Renewal by Andersen of Long Island to find out more about our warranty. To reach us, use the toll free number 1-877-313-9052. Our warranties are one of the best in the business. Contact us today to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Download our Free Guide to Long Island Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement WindowsClick Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!